Thursday, March 29, 2012

Last moments with a dying star...


A star glowed, 
bright and warm
Always on the zenith, 
spreading a charm
Young was it, 
all to the core
Knew no end, 
no less no more
I watched it at night, 
twinkles galore
Smiled at me, 
to me it waved
My heart jumped beats, 
to see I craved

There that night, 
that darn night
I looked above,
in all the light
No where was it, 
in the sight
In the moment, 
my heart went weak
Then it came, 
like playing hide and seek
I smiled but it did'nt,
thought i even heard it weep

Let out a thin wisp of light, 
was it tear?
What was its plight?
I was desperate,
were we all right?
And then...
Out it went,
with a final flash 
and i wondered
was it there or 
was it my heart?

As the wind blew,
I felt its cold.
And a warm stream from eyes,
down my cheeks rolled.
Did it want to say something?

I can't look up,
it's so dark.
Cries my heart to see,
ol' friend's mark.
Lay my friend,
lay at peace.
Down below,
ain't no ease.....

No comments:

Post a Comment